Domande frequenti

I am a foreign student applying for a visa: How can I do the pre-enrolment procedure?
Ultimo aggiornamento 3 anni fa

Foreign students residing abroad (and applying for a visa) who wish to enrol in a degree course offered by an Italian University must present a pre-enrolment application to the Italian Embassy or Consulate in their country of origin. We suggest contacting the Italian Embassy/Consulate to learn more about the application procedures and the specific deadlines.

The procedures are available at this website (It’s available an English version).

The application must take place through a prior university pre-enrollment procedure, which precedes the subsequent enrolment phases:

1) access the UNIVERSITALY portal ( in order to fill in the relative “pre-enrolment application” online which will be issued after completing the pre-registration required. In the application, you must indicate the University of Perugia and choose the degree programme you want to enrol in. You will also need to specify the Embassy / Consulate where you will apply for an entry visa to Italy. The pre-enrolment application will be verified by the University of Perugia and forwarded to the Embassy / Consulate you have specified.

As the pre-enrolment procedure is already available on the Universitaly dashboard, we suggest you register and apply as soon as possibile in order to speed up the visa issuing process.

2) Once the pre-enrolment application has been completed, all candidates must apply for a university study/enrolment visa at the Italian consular diplomatic mission of the country of residence. Candidates may present their request to an Italian Mission located in a third Country. The Head of said Mission may decide the acceptance or the refusal of the request, based on an evaluation of the single circumstances and also taking into account the public interest.

Attendi, per favore!

Per favore attendere... ci vorrà un secondo!