Domande frequenti

I am an EU student: I would like information on the document of stay for EU students
Ultimo aggiornamento 3 anni fa

Citizens of EU countries, as well as citizens of Switzerland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland, Andorra, Principality of Monaco, Republic of San Marino and Vatican City can reside and move freely in Italy for up to three months. EU students wishing to enroll in a degree course at an Italian University, must register, before the end of their three-month stay in Italy, at the General Register Office in the municipality where they intend to live, in accordance with the terms and conditions set by the Legislative Decree 6 February 2007, n. 30.

  1. In order to be registered , EU citizens must present, at the Ufficio Anagrafe (or other pertinent office in the area or municipality of residence):
  2. A valid Identity card issued in the country of origin (must be valid for travelling abroad) or passport; Certificate of enrollment in a degree course. The duration of the course must be specified in the certificate;
  3. Personal Health Insurance policy covering all health costs within the national territory (valid for a minimum of 1 year or not less than the duration of the degree course or professional training course, where said duration is less than one year)
  4. Proper documentation proving the availability of sufficient financial means for the duration of the stay in Italy;
All documentation must be submitted both in original and copy: the office is to keep the copy and return the original. Once obtained the registration the candidate can request the “attestato di iscrizione anagrafica” (registry office certificate). Both the certificate and the application for the certificate require the payment of a stamp tax and other municipal fees.

Attendi, per favore!

Per favore attendere... ci vorrà un secondo!